Saturday, May 7, 2011

Modern Family ♥

Not Terribly Maternal

I really would like to write a lovely post about my mom for Mother's Day.  But the truth is, I don't have a relationship with my mother.   Sadly, I just don't agree with the way she chooses to live her life, and had to cut off ties several years ago.  And she has never been very maternal, to be honest...

Never the less, I am a mother.  I also have a step mother who is beyond compare, and know so many awesome moms.  It seems wrong to ignore the fantastic tribute that happens this weekend.
 Cuz, Moms Rock!!! 

Since I was about twelve, I have had this wonderful person, Becky, in my life.  She began dating my dad, and her two kids became friends, nay, family,
  with my brothers and me.  Many years later - "Finally", in my eyes, they were married.  Yes!!

To this day, she is my step-mom, and I am proud to have her in my life.   And, needless to say, her son and daughter are a big part of my life, as are their spouses and children.   Thanks to them, I have three beautiful nieces and a handsome nephew! ♥

You know I keep it real, but I haven't really the license to just talk about my extended family.  They deserve their privacy, and until such time that we talk about this whole "blog thing"...

I'm sure you understand.  Needless to say, I love them and am grateful to have them in my life.

And, meanwhile....
I have to work on Mother's Day.

First of all... how did that happen??
I am the only person at my work who is a mother.

(Then again, I didn't ask for the day off either.....
Hell, honey, I need the work!)

Meanwhile, the Modern Family continues to evolve...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...