Friday, April 29, 2011

Cinco de Mayo Means Easy Guacamole ♥

I promised you my easy, fresh and delicious guacamole in time for Cinco de Mayo.

Here's what you need:
4 ripe avocados, cut and scooped out of the skin
(Save the avocado pits for later)
1 medium tomato, cut into pieces
1/2 of a medium white onion, chopped
Juice of one lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
This is so easy and fresh it will add to any chips, tacos or Mexican dishes you have planned.

First, put avocados, tomato and onion in a medium sized mixing bowl. 
Then add salt and pepper to taste. I used about 1 1/2 tspns of salt and 1/2 tspn of pepper.
Squeeze the juice of a whole lemon into the bowl and stir well.
When you are finished, place the avocado pits into the guacamole.
This helps the guacamole to stay fresher longer, rather than browning quickly.


Now, go and enjoy so tortilla chips, tacos or quesadilla with this super easy,
fresh, tasty guacamole.  Simple and fresh - that's what I love about it.
Have a great weekend!!!

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea putting the pits back in the guac kept it fresh longer - what a great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I make my guac just like this, but also add a pinch of garlic powder. I am getting hungry now...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...