Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday Night Special

So if you read my last few posts, you know that this is my weekend alone.
I worked until 7 p.m. and then in was off to Vons to pick up a few essentials for dinner.  I was inspired by The Misadventures of Mrs. B.

Grape tomatoes 
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Small jar of garlic (from the produce department, about 99 cents)
Fresh Basil 
Pasta of your choice
Seasoning to taste (I used oregano, Cavender's seasoning, ground black pepper)
Safeway Select Garlic Toast (or your favorite garlic bread) 

I got the pasta from the refrigerator section of the grocery store- I chose linguini - The fresh pasta only takes 3 to 4 minutes to cook.  As the water came to a boil, I sauteed the grape tomatoes in a little E.V.O.O. with a few heaping tablespoons of fresh garlic (I love garlic!)

When I dropped the pasta into the boiling water, I popped a few slices of garlic toast into a preheated oven.  In four minutes, everything would be ready.  (I love when I have the whole kitchen to myself!)  I added some Cavender's seasoning and oregano to the tomato/garlic mixture, and stirred in an 8-ounce can of First Street Tomato Sauce. Thank you, Smart & Final!

I added some torn leaves of fresh basil just before serving and...Abbondanza!! 
Add cheese if you like.  I added shredded Italian blend (parmesan, mozzarella and asiago cheeses)...And here's how it looked.
And I can tell you, it tasted magnificent.  I know I had it built up in my mind, and it lived up to all my expectations...Yummo!!

I spent my evening watching TLC's "Say Yes to the Dress" and I am DVR'ing some Adult Swim Favorites for after the computer shuts down (King of the Hill and Family Guy).  And sweet little Coco is already under the covers waiting for me.  

So I'm off to join her.  And I have to say, that I really enjoyed my dinner.
And I really miss Mike.
Yes, already. ♥

 




2 comments:

  1. Songs like a wonderful night. I love pasta and that looks wonderful. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pasta looks really, really good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...