Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Breakfast Casserole Recipe - Smart & Final-ly Yours!!

When Smart & Final asked me to share a 
recipe using their First Street Southern Style Hash Browns, I instantly knew which dish I would make.

I love the idea of the breakfast casserole because it has very little prep.  This allows me to lounge around, drinking coffee on the couch with Mike, while the oven does most of the work.
If you have tried some of my other recipes, you know
I am all about quick and easy.

Here's what you will need to make my super easy
Breakfast Casserole:



2 cups First Street Southern Style Hash Browns
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup diced ham (about 1/2 pre-cooked ham slice)
(Or substitute cooked breakfast sausage, crumbled)
4 oz. cheddar cheese
4 oz. Asiago cheese
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
One 4oz. can diced green chiles

(Prep time ten mins, Cook time one hour)

Let the frozen potatoes thaw for one hour before cooking, 
or do what I do - defrost them in the microwave!
Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees for 20 minutes.

Grease an 8" x 8" pan.
(I use First Street Canola Oil Non-Stick Cooking Spray)

 Spread  the hash browns in the pan, and
Brush with melted butter.
Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes.
Remove from oven, and reduce heat to 350 degrees.


Add diced ham (or cooked/crumbled sausage) 
onto the potato crust. 

Sprinkle cheeses on top of the ham.
Looking delicious so far, right?

Now, layer the diced green chiles on top of the cheese.


Next, scramble the eggs and milk and add season salt, if desired.
Pour the egg mixture over the cheeses.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing and serving.

Doesn't that look totally yummy?
I love this with sourdough toast.


To personalize this dish, try:

*Serving it with flour tortillas and salsa,
*Substituting your favorite cheeses, such as pepper-jack,
*Go Vegetarian substituting a can of cut tomatoes with onion and jalapeno
(drained) instead of the meat.

Use your imagination and the sky's the limit!

Now dish up and enjoy!! 

Don't forget to head on over to Smart & Final's Facebook page
and enter to win $50 in Smart & Final First Street products and a $50 Smart & Final gift card!


Just "Like" their page and enter.
Become a Smart & Final First Street VIP & Win!

Please note:  This writer has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. All opinions are my own.


5 comments:

  1. It is amazing and I have made a few changes here and there to mix it up. You could enjoy Mimosas while it bakes! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the green chiles added to it - bet it makes a nice kick :) And the mimosas sound like the perfect addition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely going to try this since I'm always looking for fun breakfast recipes. I love the idea of serving it with tortillas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolyn, I would love to hear how it turned out for you! Amy, the chilis are the key, I think. @Girls, I hope you try it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...