Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Roasted Shrimp with Feta = Delicious ♥

A few weeks ago, I was watching "The Barefoot Contessa" on the Food Network.
I saw this amazing dish and just had to try it!!

Ina Garten is awesome, and I love this dish because it is a one dish meal!!!
I am all about easy. Plus, it has shrimp in it!!!

I have a link to Ina's recipe below, but I thought I would tempt you first by showing how deelish
it looks, and - I guarantee it - tastes!!

I have never eaten fennel, which has a licorice taste to it.  When cooked, the flavor mellows and gives a nice crunch to this dish.  I sauteed the fennel in olive oil, and added some white wine and garlic.

Fennel, olive oil and garlic.

Then I added a can of cut tomatoes and 2 tablespoons of tomato paste. Along with oregano, salt and pepper, it smells heavenly!

In a separate bowl, I combined bread crumbs, fresh parsley and lemon zest with olive oil
.

Bread crumb mixture with lemon zest and parsley, moistened with olive oil.



Once I added the tomatoes and paste and seasonings with the fennel mixture,
I laid the raw shrimp on top of that.
For presentation, it's nice to have the tails all facing the same way.



Before I added the feta cheese, I snapped this picture! YUM!!   
Crumbled feta cheese went on top of the shrimp, followed by the amazing bread crumb mixture.
The dish then went into the oven for just fifteen minutes.

When it came out, it looked like this:

This dish is amazingly delicious!  I did not include the Pernod, which can be substituted with Ouzo.
The recipe calls for a very small amount, and I wasn't of the budget to purchase an entire bottle.

The recipe called for white bread brumbs ground in a food processor. I used Italian bread crumbs, so my flavors came out differently I am sure.  But it is an amazing dish, with about 15 minutes prep time and 45 minutes cooking time (including the oven time).

I squeezed lemon juice over the top of the dish - Awesome!!
Mike and I enjoyed it with garlic bread, but it would be just wonderful with french baguette or sourdough.

And, for the record, there were NO LEFTOVERS ♥

For Ina's recipe in its entirety, click here

And let me know how it turned out for you!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...